Frequently Asked Questions
Before coming here
Public transport is available from Athens, Thessaloniki and Volos. Please visit our Travel page for further information.
Choose one of our Workshops. Most of our workshops have a two step process to secure a spot
- First step – book the workshop on the leader’s webpage following the link on every workshop page
- Second step – book your stay at the Alexandros Community Centre. The booking form is embedded in the sidebar on each workshop page
Travel insurance is required for all participants and staff members.
- 15% discount for travelling overland from countries not bordering Greece
- 15% for attending four successive community guest weeks
- 10% for attending more than one workshop per season
- 10% discount for attending three successive community guest weeks
Since we are located on a mountainside we do recommend bringing appropriate footwear for getting to the beach. In the evenings temperatures may drop, especially in May and September – bring some warmer clothing as well. We provide towels for daily hygiene but you’ll need to bring beach towels.
Bug repellent against mosquitoes is highly recommended. If you choose to stay in a tent don’t forget to bring a torch.
When you are here
The region of Pelion offers a diverse landscape including many beautiful beaches and hiking trails. The closest beach is a 15 to 20 minutes walk away with many more just a couple more minutes away within walking distance. Be aware that our center is located on a mountainside, therefore some physical fitness and proper footwear is recommended. We do offer beach transport for people with physical handicaps.
The Alexandros Centre is located on a mountainside, about 150 metres above sea level, with a beautiful sea view. The hotel is built in traditional greek style with most rooms offering a balcony. Get more impressions on our Alexandros Centre page.
- 7:30 Meditation or Morning Movement (f.e.Yoga, TaiChi, QiGong depending on
- 8:30 Buffet Breakfast
- 9:30 Staff Meeting / Community meeting on arrival day
- 9:30 – 13:30 Workshop session
- 13:30 Buffet Lunch
- 14:30 — 17:45 Beach & leisure time
- 20:00 Dinner
- 20:45 – 21:30 Dinner Clean-up
- 21:30 – 23:00 Evening activities depending on offerings
- 23:00 Quiet time until breakfast
We ask guests and workshop-participants, as part of our community-building program, to help us out with up to three shifts per week. A shift in our community usually refers to preparing breakfast, dinner, helping out with a maintenance task or watering the garden.
- Evening dinners except on Taverna night
- Daily breakfast
- Daily lunch
- Tea and coffee breaks
- Shared twin room (single room and tent available)
- Yoga session (if available)
Pelion has a typical Mediterranean climate with warm and dry summers (from June to August). In May and September there are occasionally some rainy days
In case of a government ordered single room per person limit we might charge a single room supplement for a twin room booking of 20€ per person and night in order to cover our costs. This will only apply to guests who do not have contact with each other, if we exceed our house capacity and have to book external rooms.
PayPal, credit card, bank transfer
Deposits and payments for workshops cancelled by a leader or the Centre
are fully refundable.
Deposits for programms cancelled due to government
measure of travel restrictions are fully refundable
In all other cases, deposits for workshops or retreats are non-refundable.
Volunteer and FIR fees are non-refundable.
Balances or full payments for workshops, retreats and the community
guest program are partially refundable according to this schedule:
cancellation at least 3 months in advance, 80% refundable; Cancellation
at least 2 months in advance, 70% refundable, cancellation at least 1
month in advance 50% refundable, cancellations equal to or less than 30
days in advance are non-refundable